This funding is to raise awareness of the Covid-19 vaccination and promote behaviour that will reduce the transmission of the virus.
We are looking for community and faith organisation who are able to speak to members of their community. This could be done by:
- creating videos to be used on social media,
- organising volunteers to call community members,
- creating posters / graphics in community languages,
- creating resources that are accessible to people with a disability
- using artists to create engaging content
- provide guidance on how to celebrate festivals whilst remaining covid safe
Please note this list is not exhaustive.
The aim is to engage with people to be most at risk from Covid-19 including:
- Hard to reach communities
- Black & Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) Communities
- Disabled Communities
- Where the Covid rates are highest
- All communities to follow safer behaviors
Harrow Covid-19 Awareness Fund Priorities include:
- Tackling mis-information
- Encourage the uptake of the vaccine
- Encourage people to follow Government guidance
- Encourage behaviour which lowers Covid-19 rates
- Sharing good practice that reduces the impact on individuals and those around them
Deadline: 10am Wednesday 24th March 2021
Please note, if you miss this deadline there may still be an opportunity to be involved later.
If you plan to apply for this fund please submit an expression of interest here: https://forms.gle/QDcTSCAesQ5FqLF4A
Grants available: between £300 and £5,000. Larger grants may be considered (max £10,000) where an organisation can demonstrate a need for additional funding e.g. to communicate with a larger number of people or where engagement is more complex.
Timescale: The funding provided by MHCLG is for activities up to and including June 2021. We would be looking for applications from organisations who can complete the majority of the work by this date. We expect there to be some flexibility for community organisations and we will keep grantees updated.
To apply for a grant
To apply for the funding please read the guidance and complete the application form. We have created an activity plan to help organisation explain what they will be doing. This is an optional document but if you don’t use this please ensure you include the relevant information within the first question of the ‘communications plan’ in the application form.
Harrow Council was awarded funding from the Community Champions Fund via the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG). This fund is being distributed via Harrow Giving.